Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day six...

It has been six days since surgery. I was starting to worry yesterday that the pain on my left side (where the largest incision is located) would never let up. I had been taking the maximum amount of my pain meds and I was really over it. I tried yesterday to back off on the Lortab, but that was a mistake!!! LOL  Anyway, last night...kind of late...I noticed that I really felt good. I mean, other than the pain on my abdomen, I didn't have any joint pain or back pain, or anything....I just felt, well, normal!!  I decided to go for it an get on the scales. I almost fell off the scales, when I realized that I have lost 21lbs since surgery! Seriously????!!!!! I am truly humbled and amazed!!!  Aly was standing behind me and said, "Well?" I sat back down and told her ...she just hugged me and said, "Way to go Mom!" That made everything worth it!!!!! TOTALLY Worth it!!!! God is good!!!!
This morning I didn't wake up til about 10 and as soon as I sat up I coughed...like a normal cough....and I didn't tear up with pain from it.  <<SIGH>>> I only took a half dose of my pain med! So far I have no regrets...not one. Not for one second!!!!
God is indeed GREAT!!!!
In HIS MIGHTY Grip
Shelley

2 comments:

  1. Yay you!! Love getting the daily (or almost daily) updates! I think you will be so happy a year from now keeping a daily journal of these early days weeks and months! Xo!

    ReplyDelete