Thursday, August 15, 2013

...and so it begins...

Well, it is now Thursday night . I survived the surgery and now it begins. When I woke up this morning, my first thought was..."holy cow...survived it...I made it..." it was a pretty exciting to think about!  So after the little fellow came to take me down to XRay to make my new pouch wasn't leaking, we waited at the elevator and I was looking out the big window that stood facing the Intracoastal waterway and the ocean I was immediately moved to tears. All I could think of was that this was the first day of my new life...and how grateful and blessed I felt that God would give me such a beautiful day to start anew!!!!  I am blessed indeed!
The rest of the day went by very slowly, while I took catnaps in between sipping on tea, crystal light, chicken broth and water. Dr. Koppman's came to see me later today and was very pleased. He said everything looked great and I might go home tomorrow!
So, now I am in bed, praying for a goodnights sleep.
Thank you all again for all the. Prayer coverage!
In HIS Mighty Grip
Shelley



3 comments:

  1. Glad things went ok. Rest while you have the chance and enjoy those meals served in bed! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you!!! So happy for you! Keep the journal up and tell David he is waaaaay overdue for an update on his! I need his link again so poke him and tell him to make sure he puts a link on FB for it when he updates. Sitting there keeping you company would be a great time to do so :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting and keeping us up on your progress! Sure will continue praying!! Can't wait to follow you!!!!

    ReplyDelete