Saturday, August 24, 2013

A Good Evening...

Well, I am starting to feel a good bit more normal again. My hubby and girls took me out last night. We usually head out to the Disney Store at the Outlet Mall on Friday nights for a Disney Pin Trading group, then we head out to dinner afterwards. So, we decided to go for it. But, what to do about dinner? Well, I figured...worst case scenario, I could just get some mashed potatoes and gravy. So, David and I decided to get a dinner and split it...well, not really split it as I am only eating about 2-3 oz of anything!!!  Anyway, we got some very tender roast and I pulled off a little bit of it. I got a spoon full of mashed potatoes, one carrot, and a for full of green beans...oh, and I asked the waitress for a big bowl of gravy so I could get it down!!!!
I was so thankful to have David there to talk me through each bite. Were talking bites like the size of my fingernail here...plus lots of gravy and chewing it until my jaw about popped off. It was basically liquefied before I swallowed anything!!! It was so very good and I ate most of it. I had no problems at all!!! Thank you God!!!!! I couldn't have anything to drink for an hour, and it was perfect timing by the time we got home and changed clothes and got settled in for the evening. Just in time to drink my last shake and take my vitamins. So, my first night out, eating normal, non pureed food was a rousing success!!
Speaking of shakes, someone asked me what shakes I use. I am currently drinking PURE protein shakes. They have 23 gr of protein, 3 carbs and the frosty chocolate is actually pretty good if I add about 4 oz of unsweetened almond milk!!
I tell ya...it is a full time job figuring out how to get in all that I have to get in...AM vitamins, PM vitamins, Iron pill ( can't take within 2 hours either way of any calcium), two protein shakes, 100 oz water (or other sugar free drinks/liquids) and four very small protein meals...and you can't drink anything for one hour after eating!!!! ARGH  By the way, I have decided that it is NOT a happy thing to go for an hour after eating pureed tuna before drinking something!!!!! YUCK!!! Had to go brush my on that one!!!!
So, as of yesterday morning I have lost 29 lbs since surgery on the 14th. I was so so so so stoked!! God is so good and so faithful and has brought us through David's surgery and now mine and we are so excited to watch him carve our new lives out of this incredible gift we have been given!!!

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 
                                        II Corinthians 12:9


In HIS Mighty Grip
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment